Monday, August 21, 2017

Antenna Test



You can't blame a guy for trying. Tried to get my Yaesu FT-60R to work inside my office. Hung the N9TAX 2m/440 ladder line antenna outside my office on an air line about 15' up so I could get reception. My office is a normal wood and drywall structure but sits inside an all metal walled building. Unfortunately I did not hit any repeater on either band but when keying up I did make the intercom pop. Looks like I am going to have to get an antenna outside if I want to listen in.

1 comment:

  1. You may be able to put a cross band repeat radio in your car, use a separate battery than your car battery and then cross band into your favorite repeater. A FTM400XDR can do that.

    A guy at the HCARES hamfest was selling batteries and I suspect he will be at the AIMFest. about 40 bucks I think.

    ReplyDelete